Miranda Kerr floated down the runway on the tails of a pink-blush confection last week at the Liverpool Fashion Fest Autumn/Winter 2011 in Mexico City.
The soft Grecian draping was surely a feast for the eyes, but it was Miranda’s luminous look that truly lit up the stage.
What’s the recipe to the Victoria’s Secret Supermodel’s radiant glow?
The origin of her luster is, well, genetics, sorry girls. No doubt the Australian beauty can also attribute her beam to her completely organic lifestyle, the coconut oil she consumes daily, the joy of being a new mom and wife, and the magic of makeup. Here’s where we step in.
Miranda’s dewy skin allows her best features—gorgeous cheekbones, plump lips, porcelain skin and baby blues to make a statement all on their own. Pale perfection in a nutshell. We’ll show you how to get the look.
1. After priming and concealing, use a large kabuki-style brush to apply a mineral powder foundation (try Laura Mercier’s Mineral Powders) in a circular motion. Continue buffing until you reach your desired coverage.
2. Contour cheekbones with a natural bronzer (try “Hoola” by Benefit), starting from the hairline and sweeping forward. Lightly dust the whole face with a kiss of bronze.
3. Dab a bit of coral or berry-hued cream blush (try Ulta’s Extreme Wear Mousse Blush in “Berry Glow”) on the apples of your cheeks for a pop of color.
4. Use Mac’s Cream Color Base in“Fawntastic” to add that glow and highlight all of your features. This is the trick! Apply a bit to your fingertips and tap along the top of the cheekbones and down the bridge of the nose, along the brow bone, and over the eyelids. Watch your face come alive.
Okay, so now you’ve got a glowing, incandescent base. To complete Miranda’s makeup look, continue with the following steps:
5. Work a gray/brown shade (try “Smog” or “Darkhorse” from the Naked Palette by Urban Decay) into the crease of the eyelid and a hint along the lower lash line.
6. Finely line top eyelid with a black liquid eyeliner and brush (try Smashbox’s “Girls on Film Eyeliner”).
7. Finish eyes with your go-to mascara (try Pro Lash by Mac).
8. Get her sweet, sexy pout with a coral-red lipstick (try Revlon’s Super Lustrous Lipcolor in “Fire & Ice”).